We’re hiring frontline staff!
Our mission is to bring more sustainable options to Haligonians and create positive change in a negative world. We are looking for fun, hardworking, and just generally awesome people to join our team. We will be hiring one full-time employee (40 hours) and three part-time employees (30 hours or less) to help open and run Halifax’s first Zero-waste coffee shop and bulk store.
- Prepare and serve drinks in our cafe
- Assist customers with their bulk food purchases
- Help ensure the store is kept clean
- Restock food and merchandise
- Help educate and create conversations surrounding sustainability
- Assist with events and workshops
- Support Haligonians in reducing their waste and ‘greening’ their lives
- Help The Tare Shop grow and improve, with constant change and adaptation
- Passion for sustainability
- Up-beat, positive and authentic attitude
- Ability to work in a small team
- Be able to receive and give feedback
- Be available at least one weekend day
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and provide multi-customer service
- 1+ year of barista & retail experience
- Customer service
- Multiple language skills
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Frontline Position.
Applications will close on September 16, 2018. Please note we might not be able to reply to all applicants.