The Zero Waste Shampoo that Replaces 3 Bottles Per Bar
Did you know the average person uses ten bottles of shampoo a year? Or that, on average, only 10 percent of plastic shampoo bottles are recycled? Sadly, the rest becomes part of the 300 million tons of plastic waste produced each year, destined for landfills or the ocean, where it will sit for over 500 years. In the US alone, 550 million empty shampoo bottles are thrown away each year!
That’s why at The Tare Shop, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with various zero waste shampoo and plastic free shampoo alternatives. Our best-selling plastic free shampoo and conditioners include the Upfront Cosmetics Neutral Shampoo Bar, the Upfront Cosmetics Neutral Conditioner Bar, the Upfront Cosmetics Hydrating Hemp Shampoo Bar, and the Upfront Cosmetics Hydrating Hemp Conditioner Bar.
Introducing UpFront Cosmetics and their Vegan Shampoos and Conditioners
A fellow Canadian-owned and operated company, UpFront Cosmetics manufactures all their zero waste shampoo and plastic free shampoo by hand in New Brunswick. Every product is free from silicones, parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrance, mineral oil, petroleum, formaldehyde, and animal ingredients. UpFront believes that ingredients should always be as easy to understand as they are to ingest and nutrient-rich, without the plastic.
Here are some vegan shampoo and conditioners we recommend:
- Upfront Cosmetics Universal Shampoo Bar: Recommended for all hair types, this Bergamot, Wintergreen, and Cedarwood scented vegan hair product intensely moisturizes for perfectly quenched hair. Hydrating mango seed butter and hydrolyzed oat protein combat the impacts of element exposure and distress for ultimate manageability.
- Upfront Cosmetics Kind Shampoo Bar: Recommended for the youngest of babies and up, this vegan hair product creates an abundant lather that is pH-balanced to be mild, non-irritating, and safe for colour-treated hair. Top notes of lavender with undertones of chamomile keep the bar ultra gentle.
- Upfront Cosmetics Kind Conditioner Bar: This zero waste conditioner will gently lull your babies and kids to sleep with the aromas of lavender and chamomile. The concentrated formula of this vegan hair product will leave hair silky soft, shiny, and tangle-free.
- Upfront Cosmetics Invigorating Shampoo Bar: This zero waste shampoo bar is recommended for normal hair and offers a refreshing minty wake me up for your morning shower. The addition of provitamin B5 helps retain moisture in the hair and protects the hair from the elements. Hydrolyzed Oat Protein adds softness, texture and manageability to the hair.
How One Plant-Based Shampoo Bar Can Replace 3
Remembering the earlier statistics we shared (10 bottles of shampoo a year, only 10% of plastic bottles recycled, etc.)? With those numbers in mind, if you could replace three bottles of liquid shampoo with one bar of plant-based shampoo, would you? We hope the answer is yes!
When you purchase any of Upfront Cosmetics Enlivening Shampoo Bars, that’s precisely what you’ll be doing. Each 65-gram, 2.2-ounce zero waste shampoo bar and plastic free shampoo bar replaces up to three bottles of liquid shampoo.
Here are our recommended zero waste shampoo bars to try today:
- Upfront Cosmetics Enlivening Shampoo Bar
- Upfront Cosmetics Refreshing (Normal) Shampoo Bar
- Upfront Cosmetics Revitalizing (Oily) Shampoo Bar
- Upfront Cosmetics Nourishing (Dry) Shampoo Bar
- Upfront Cosmetics Enlightening (Blonde Toner) Shampoo Bar
- Upfront Cosmetics Soothing (Sensitive Scalp) Shampoo Bar
- Upfront Cosmetics Nurturing (Tea Tree) Shampoo Bar
Plastic Free Shampoo & Conditioner Durability
Not only does zero waste shampoo and plastic free shampoo and conditioner go a long way in reducing annual plastic use and waste, but it’s also incredibly durable and long-lasting (on average 80 to 100 washes).
Often packaged in metal or biodegradable packaging, zero waste shampoo and conditioner are perfect for taking to the gym or throwing in a travel bag. Plastic free shampoo and conditioners are leak and spill-free, meaning no more ruined clothes in suitcases. Just great smelling and naturally textured hair!
Speaking of conditioner to take to the gym, have you tried these plastic free conditioner bars?
- Upfront Cosmetics Invigorating (Rosemary Mint) Conditioner Bar
- Upfront Cosmetics Enlivening (Tucuma Orange) Conditioner Bar
- Upfront Cosmetics Enlightening (Blonde Toner) Conditioner Bar
- Upfront Cosmetics Universal Conditioner Bar
Vegan, Sulfate and Paraben Free Shampoo Make The Best Sustainable Shampoo
Completely zero waste, vegan shampoos and conditioners are more sustainable than recycling. There is no packaging, or when there is, it’s very minimal and entirely biodegradable (for example, FSC certified paper boxes).
At The Tare Shop, we’ve taken things one step further. We were inspired by the 1% for the Planet organization but wanted to give directly to partners in our community. Each quarter we will choose a different partner to donate 1% of our sales to. Learn more about how to nominate a group here.
We are also proud to be a certified B Corporation. Certified B Corporations are for-profit companies that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. They meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
Shop our entire zero waste shampoo and plastic free shampoo selection in-store or online. We’d love to hear your favourites!
Have questions about our shampoo and conditioner bars? Give us a call during store hours at 902-266-6253.