We are hiring!
Part-time Sales Team Member
- 15-25 hours/week
- Pay starts at $13.50
Please note we are hiring primarily for our Dartmouth location.
The Tare Shop is Nova Scotia's first package free coffee shop, grocery store, and community space with two locations: One in Central Halifax, and one in Downtown Dartmouth! In our bulk section we have no plastic bags. Instead customers bring in their own containers to fill up with products. Our mission is to bring more sustainable options to Nova Scotians and create a positive change in a negative world. We are looking for fun, hardworking, and just generally awesome people to join our team.
- Assist customers with their bulk food purchases
- Help ensure the store is kept clean
- Restock food and merchandise
- Help educate and create conversations surrounding sustainability
- Assist with events and workshops
- Support Nova Scotians in reducing their waste and ‘greening’ their lives
- Help the Tare Shop grow and improve, with constant change and adaptation
- Up-beat, positive and authentic attitude
- Ability to work in a small team
- Be able to receive and give feedback
- Be available to work weekends and evenings
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and provide multi-customer service
- Lift 60lbs up and down stairs
- Work at our Dartmouth Location (some occasional shifts in Halifax)
- Customer service experience
- Ability to speak several languages
- Health insurance for full-time AND part-time employees
- Store discounts
- Job specific training, and opportunities to be trained on additional skills
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Join Your Team by March 21 at 12pm. Please note only applicants we will be interviewing will be contacted.
Members of Indigenous, Black communities and other racially visible communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Please self-identify in your cover letter.
Once you write some HTML, it will render right here.