Who doesn't love a pizza night? And if you've never made your own pizza dough before, don't be intimidated! It comes together really easily, and is so much fun.
All you need is a few simple ingredients, a little bit of time and patience and there you have it!
- in a medium bowl, add 1 cup of warm water, 1 tsp active dry yeast, 1 tsp sugar and give it a little stir.
- Wait about 5 minutes until it starts to froth.
- Add in 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of salt, and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix it with a wooden spoon until it starts to come together, then dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough for ~5 minutes
- Lightly oil a bowl and put the dough into the lightly oiled bowl and cover with a tea towel.
- Let the dough proof for at least 1 hour in a warm area (I love putting it in the oven with the light on).
- After at least an hour the dough should have doubled in size. Dump the dough onto a floured surface and divide into two.
- Roll out your dough on floured surface with a rolling pin, or stretch it out with your hands.
Pair this with your recipe for tomato sauce, some toppings and boom - homemade pizza!
- flour your baking sheet before putting the dough on it
- cook your pizza in a very hot oven!
- this recipe makes two pizza doughs - you can freeze one in an airtight container or store it in the fridge